Welcome to Set and Turn Single!
Here you will find everything you need to know about folk dancing:
- Where and when folk dance clubs meet around the country
- Forthcoming dances with bands and callers
- Festivals with social dancing
- Dancing holidays
NEW! STS Discussion Forum
We now have a discussion forum where you can read and comment about topics of interest to dancers. Click Forum to see the messages. It's open to everyone, but you need to log-in to post a message yourself. It's easy to register from the Log-in page. We look forward to hearing from you.
Sad news for the folk dance world. Charles Bolton, choreographer, researcher of historical dances and caller extraordinaire, passed away recently. Details of the funeral are here.
Our Calendar lists thousands of folk dancing events in a wide range of dance styles, including:
- English Country Dancing
- Contra (American style dances)
- Playford (historical style dances from the 17th century onwards)
- Ceilidhs and Barn Dances (simpler, more energetic dances)
You can search the calendar by:
- Date and time
- Location and the distance you are prepared to travel
- Any text, such as the name of a band or caller
Dancers (or would-be dancers!)
Most events are open to all and new dancers will be made very welcome. But do check details with organisers before travelling long distances.
Our Directory provides contact details for:
- Folk dance clubs
- Bands and musicians
- Dance holidays
Publicise your events on the Set and Turn Single website and reach a huge folk dancing community. And it’s free! Register to add the details of your dances and club nights directly. You can then make sure information is bang up to date and dancers know of any last minute changes. The Contact us page gives links to everything you need.